NEWS file for ttystatus
Version 0.23, released 2013-06-19
- No longer use the SIGWINCH handler, since that causes problems when
applications do certain kinds of I/O and the signal interrupts it.
Libraries shouldn't install signal handlers like this. Instead,
query the terminal width whenever making updates.
Version 0.22, released 2013-03-12
- When the terminal size changes, ttystatus will now update the display
Version 0.21, released 2012-09-29
- Updated README with information about where the output goes, and that
it is restricted to one line.
Version 0.20, released 2012-09-23
TerminalStatus.error now always outputs. Error messages are too valuable
Version 0.19, released 2012-06-30
- Added a
TerminalStatus.flush method, to allow forcing an update.
Version 0.18, released 2012-05-08
ByteSpeed can now show average speed over a short period of time
(which approximates current speed), instead of over the whole duration
of the program.
Version 0.17, released 2012-04-15
- Committed genocide towards whole civilizations of rendering problems.
Version 0.16, released 2012-04-08
- Speed up by avoiding to format widgets until it's time to update.
Version 0.15, released 2011-09-17
- Bugfix: the String widget now handles non-string values.
Version 0.14, released 2011-08-31
- Notifications are written to the standard output, not the terminal.
- A method for printing error messages is provided. They are printed to
the standard error.
PercentDone class handles zero total amounts better now.
- Widgets may now be added using a simple format string. See
Version 0.13, released 2011-08-18
- No upstream changes, but released with a new upstream version so that
Debian packaging does not need to get convoluted.
Version 0.12, released 2011-07-24
- API documentation is now done with Sphinx.
- The SIGWINCH signal is now marked as a re-starting one, so that socket I/O
is not interrupted when an application uses ttystatus and the terminal is
Version 0.11, released 2011-04-23
pydoc ttystatus now works better: you no longer need to access
modules to see the exported classes. Instead, see all of them directly.
- A final newline is no longer written out if there has been no output
Version 0.10, released 2011-03-23
- Fix handling of /dev/tty not being avilable. This can happen, e.g., when
things are run from cron.
Version 0.9, released 2011-02-13
Version 0.8.1, released 2011-01-30
- Do not write notifications if output is disabled.
Version 0.8, released 2011-01-30
- Write status output to /dev/tty by default.
Version 0.7, released 2010-10-09
- Fix bug that failed to show the last few updates when .finish() was called.
Version 0.6, released 2010-07-13
Version 0.5, released 2010-07-07
- Speed optimization: widgets are now only updated when the values they're
interested are updated, and widgets are now only formatted when the result
is actually going to be printed. For long-running processes with
frequent updates, this saves a lot of unnecessary computation.
- Debian packaging fix: Add Python-Version headers.
Version 0.4, released 2010-07-05
- Bugfix: when the output won't fit, and the last widget is a
the last character is no longer chopped off.